Sunday 16 June 2013

Nexplanon Update|Diary 3|Suzanne Shares

Click here to view my first post and here to view my second post.

So my last update was about a month ago and from the post things seemed to of been going really good, well I'm afraid in a month things really took a turn.

Not long after my last post I suffered with a really bad migraine. I have suffered migraines with aura in the past, which was why I was told to come off the combined pill as there is a higher risk of suffering a stroke. So while on the pill, in those 3 years- I didn't suffer one migraine. So I came to the conclusion that I had grown out of it. How wrong was I. I went to work, felt fine, and come 11 I lost the sight in my entire eye, I felt really disorientated and had such a pounding headache. This migraine lasted for about 3 days. Since then I had a headache every. single. day. I felt so rough and it was really beginning to get me down. I hadn't had a period since I had the implant put in, and around the time of the migraine I got one. So in my head I could see a link. But I was still foolish and went on the internet to see if I could diagnose myself. A lot of horrible illness came up and it did worry me, even though I could see a link with my cycle.

Mum also said I had been complaining of headaches quite regularly when coming home from work. So I decided to book an appointment with the doctor as I knew it was the implant. He was no help, he said that headaches are a side effect of the implant and that's just unfortunate. He also came to the conclusion by looking at my records that my migraines are pre-menstrual. He said the combined pill would help with this, as it would regulate my levels- but he couldn't give it to me because I suffer with migraines. This part baffles me. He ended with telling me to go back to the Family Planning Clinic and wished me luck.

So I booked an appointment. The lady I saw had no explanation for the headaches, which was very unhelpful which made me unhappy. But she got another doctor in to speak to me, and with my migraines being pre-menstrual they decided to put me on the mini pill to stop my bleed in hope that this would do something. So I had to take two pills a day for 3 months to see how I get on. I really hope that this works for me, in myself I am feeling better, and I do feel I have seen some improvement with the headaches so I'm hoping this is sorted!!

Watch this space.

I would love to hear your stories, leave them in the comments below and we can all have a chat an compare experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment